The Truth About Prioritizing Yourself First is about putting yourself first on your to-do list, as well as how it affects your goals.
How often do you go through your daily to-dos only to realize that by the end of the day you haven’t done anything for yourself?
Whether you’re trying to start a new eating plan, get healthy or just have a little “me-time” pampering, putting yourself on your to-do list is necessary if you want to meet your goals.
When you don’t take care of yourself and put your priorities first, you may experience negative effects and hurdles you haven’t anticipated such as:
- You have less energy to work towards what you want.
- You are easily distracted, taking you away from your goal.
- You turn to vices like emotional eating, smoking, drinking too much, or wasting time on social media that derail you.
- Your stress increases, making you see things negatively.
- You’re frustrated by your lack of progress on your goals.
Instead, you need to start doing something for yourself every day that takes you closer to your end goal. To start prioritizing yourself:
- Claim 15 to 30 minutes each day for yourself to work on your goal
- Say out loud positive mantras and affirmations
- Look at your vision board to remind you what your goals are
- Plan and buy food that nourishes and fuels you to keep your energy levels high
You have to put yourself at the top of your list if you want to achieve your goals.